Admittedly I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I really try to keep it in check & limit my sweet intake. But one thing I'm a real sucker for is certain holiday treats (I mentioned this last year). Last week I was pumped that the Valentine candy had hit the shelves (at the same time as certain Easter candies, I might add- sheesh!). But when I went to purchase my FAVORITE treat, I noticed that the package had changed. EEEK! I frantically searched the shelves hoping to see the familiar packaging, but it wasn't there. Reluctantly, I bought a box- for $0.25. I was SORELY DISAPPOINTED because not only have they changed the packaging, but also the formula. YUCK! They are disgusting. While on my normal errand path I have looked at 4 stores and there are no traditional SweetHearts to be found. I'm warning you, don't bother buying any. I noticed that there are a lot on the shelves still. No one else is impressed either.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Save Your Money
Admittedly I have a bit of a sweet tooth. I really try to keep it in check & limit my sweet intake. But one thing I'm a real sucker for is certain holiday treats (I mentioned this last year). Last week I was pumped that the Valentine candy had hit the shelves (at the same time as certain Easter candies, I might add- sheesh!). But when I went to purchase my FAVORITE treat, I noticed that the package had changed. EEEK! I frantically searched the shelves hoping to see the familiar packaging, but it wasn't there. Reluctantly, I bought a box- for $0.25. I was SORELY DISAPPOINTED because not only have they changed the packaging, but also the formula. YUCK! They are disgusting. While on my normal errand path I have looked at 4 stores and there are no traditional SweetHearts to be found. I'm warning you, don't bother buying any. I noticed that there are a lot on the shelves still. No one else is impressed either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's one thing to change the packagining but the flavor too?! That's cruel!
Oh and it's Monday morning and I can't spell today! Sorry about that. :)
Thanks for the heads up -- Scott loves them. I bet he will be dissapointed by the new taste.
I am among the category of people who think those SweetHearts are NASTY no matter what formula they are using... but maybe I WILL like them now... :)
I found some original boxes at the dollar store.
Post a Comment