Monday, September 22, 2008

You KNOW you're pregnant when:

*You cry uncontrollably while reading your friends' blogs about sending their first child to kindergarten. (Yes I'm talking about you; Julie, Brooke, & Laura!)

*You just have to have a piece of pizza at Costco, even if it's only 10:30 a.m.

*Sweet treats aren't too appealing.

*You are conducting primary & there happen to be about 7 crying children in junior primary. You suddenly take to the motto that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

*The next week in church your husband comes in immediately after teaching his Marriage & Family Relations class to say that he just 'accidentally' announced that you're pregnant. So you have to quickly tell your fellow presidency members so they don't hear it from their husbands first! (To his credit he's just so excited!! For which I'm grateful!)

*Your husband puts this comic on the fridge because it's oh so true, some days!

Caption: "Tomorrow someone will ask me, 'How was your evening?' And I'll say, 'Oh, same old, same old.'"

*Your almost 4 year old asks when we are actually going to have the baby & you have to explain that April 30 is only 7 holidays away!

**I haven't been to the doctor yet, so stay tuned. (I was 8 weeks last Friday. The full effects of pregnancy haven't hit yet. I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way, but not holding my breath.)

15 comments:

Tristen said...

Hooray!!!!! Congrats Em!!! It's a big leap but I don't know anyone more qualified to take the jump to third!!! I can't wait to watch it all unfold on your blog. Loved the one about you crying with the kids in primary, that one made me laugh out loud.

Mel said...

I am so happy for you and your family! It sure was fun to have bumped into you on the parkway a few weeks ago!

Julie said...

AHHHHHH! That's me screaming with EXCITMENT for you! I had a feeling about this one, Em. I have been waiting for a "I'm Pregnant" post. I hope you skip all the yucky early pregnancy junk.

That is so funny that Bill accidentally shared the news. I love how dad's get so excited about sharing the big news. 7 holidays will be gone before you know it!

Can't wait! YEAH!!!

janet said...

April is a great time to have a baby!! And I love the comic strip... I need a copy of that to hang on MY fridge. Sad how true it is.

Brooke said...

Wheeeeee! I just had to do a double take and make sure you were saying what I thought you were saying!! :) CONGRATS!!!! April babies are AWESOME (that's when Haylie was born) and you will be fabulous. I hope you feel great and that everything goes well. YAY!! And too funny about Bill.

Emily B said...

Pizza at 10:30 in the morning sounds delicious. Hopefully you can avoid the "full affects" of pregnancy altogether. Wouldn't it be great to just enjoy your whole pregnancy?

laura said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I'm so happy for you! I hope the yucky feeling doesn't last too long. Miss you, friend!

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

You are hilarious! I love that post! Congrats congrats! I'm so excited for you!

Liz said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting. I'm glad i read your blog today so I could hear your news. It seems we don't get to see each other too often any more- besides a wave from car to front door. How lucky that you aren't sick yet. I always get sick starting at 5 weeks!

Erica said...

Congrats! That is great news :)

angie said...

Congrats Em!!! I was waiting for this post too, I thought it would be soon. I had Avarie in April and I LOVED it. I am so excited for you and your cute family.

Unknown said...

Let's face it...I eat cold pizza for breakfast even when I'm not pregnant :) Congratulations, Em & Bill!!! This is fantastic news and I can't hardly wait the 12 or so weeks until you can find out what you're having (are you planning on finding out?!) Congrats!!!

Brooke said...

I just read your post - Congratulations Em! How exciting for you guys. I have to agree that April babies are great, especially living in the hot climates that we do. You get to skip out of being pregnant during the summer. I hope you continue to feel good.

Tiffanie said...

yayayayayayay! I'm so happy for you. That's great. It's funny because I was just think the other day, "I wonder if Em will be prego soon." I know. Wierd thing to think about. Anyway, congrats. Hope you're feeling well.

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Emi, loved the comic and can't wait to show it to tim! It defines this last week TO THE TEE! So I hope you are felling well and never be afraid of anti naseau meds, it's the only way I"m hanging on! Ok, love you and I really hope these next few weeks fly by for us!
xoxo me