Last Tuesday one of my cute piano students showed up with a goldfish in a bag. She told me that she'd just won it at a carnival and that her mom wouldn't let her keep it. Then she asked if I'd like it- talk about a loaded question! (I should've taken the opportunity after she left to quickly flush it down the toilet before my girls got home, but I didn't.) So now Spot, the fish, sits on my kitchen counter. I couldn't bring myself to purchase an expensive fish bowl for a goldfish that probably wasn't going to last more than a week. Therefore, he's in the only clear container we have- my favorite Pampered Chef glass mixing bowl! The girls can't wait to feed him every morning, Bill and I can't wait until he's gone.
I tried to catch Caitlyn talking to the fish, like she usually does, but this was the best I could get. If you haven't heard Caitlyn talk before you really are missing out- she has the SWEETEST voice & seems too tiny to be talking in complete sentences.
2 comments:
besides needing your favorite bowl, the fish isn't much of an inconvenience is it? We have had our fare share of fishies.. because we just won't get any other kind of pet.
sweet little Caitlin IS talking so well for her... size.
So cute! I love how honest you are about flushing it! I remember having a gold fish and it died after a month! Poor Carlos! :)
But Im sure the girls love him.
We had some friends who had a fish, it kept dying every month and they were to scared to 'heart-break' their kids, so they kept replacing it while the kids were at school. They even kept spares hidden in their room incase it would die in the night!! :) After 6 months they gave in and finally told their kids.
How funny! Don't be like them Emilee!!! :)
Post a Comment