Monday, September 22, 2008

Words of Wisdom

This morning I had an appointment with the chiropractor. I have taken my girls with me a few times & my doctor is sooo sweet with them- today they were perfect angels. He speaks with a gentle & kind voice and always tells me stories about his daughters- he has 3 & no sons. Today he was telling me of an experience they had last night while creating an emergency plan. He said it was so neat to watch his wife & daughters laughing & giggling together. Then he said, "One day these two girls will be 2 of the greatest friends you have! There are times as a parent that are tough and they won't think too highly of you, but if you stick through it with love it will pay off. And they will count you as their great friend, too." My mind immediately went to the loving friendship that I have with my own mom & sisters. He's right- patience & love make it all worth it in the end. I just love my girls! I sure don't want them to grow up, because they are at such magical ages right now, but it's exciting to think that it can get even better!

2 comments:

janet said...

love that! as hard as it is to have a new baby, it's SO worth it because you are giving your kids a best friend (and also someone to pick on and fight with.)

Hibbard Family said...

That made me tear up, Emilee. I am the 5th generation of a 3-sister family. We fought and fought hard and I hated my mom because I swore she was the meanest. But honestly my 2 sisters and mother are my BEST friends. Its such a beautiful, unique relationship and I'm so happy you have your girls!