Friday, February 1, 2008

"I wish I could be a fish."

Yes, that's what Madisen said to me tonight when we visited the Bass Pro Shop to watch them feed the fish. We went for a little family fun. Three times per day a diver gets in the large tank to feed the stingrays & sharks. It's so neat because the diver is wearing a mask that has a microphone so they can talk to the spectators while they feeds the fish. I thought it was fascinating to see how the stingrays eat- through their mouths of course- but they are on the underneath side of their body & you can see the piece of food inside their 'throat' while they are crushing & swallowing it. I also thought it was interesting that the diver told us that the fish are fed 'restaurant quality' food.
I know you can't see the fish in this picture, but I think it captures Madisen's spunk!

Caitlyn is hanging on for dear life! She is afraid of animals, but did warm up to the fish once she realized they were on the other side a piece of glass. But she did keep pointing to the neon flashing lights of the slot machines that were 20 feet from this magnificent tank!

She's enjoying them much better from the comfort of daddy's arms!

If you look closely you can see the mouths and 'throats' that I was referring to above. And that is the lovely diver to the left.

4 comments:

Chris said...

The Bass Pro Shop looks like so much fun. You guys always have cute little outings. Inspiring to me, that's for sure.

Julie said...

Sounds fun. My kids would love that. I guess we really do need to come visit. I SO need warm weather right now.

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

Looks like fun! And Caitlyn looks adorable.. even with a bandaid on her head. Sometimes I feel like piano lessons equal disasters with the kids!

angie said...

So much fun. You have lots of fun things like that to do, living in Vegas!! Lucky!!