Monday, February 18, 2008

A Late Valentine's Recap

We had a wonderful Valentinte's Day! The morning started with our 2nd annual homemade cinnamon roll breakfast (I forgot to take pictures) with pink juice. YUM! And Bill surprised me with 3 dozen yellow roses, a balloon, and some chocolates- all with a sweet note attached. Then after we opened a little Valentine gift from grandma & grandpa and mom & dad, we got ourselves ready & went to a friend's house to decorate sugar cookies & make Valentine's cards for our daddies. As you can see, both of my girls thoroughly enjoyed the frosting, but Madisen did manage to get 4 cookies frosted.
We met Bill at In-N-Out for lunch= a Valentine treat for daddy! Then the girls & I ran a few errands before heading home to teach piano, have dinner & make the final preparations for the adult Valentine Day party that we co-hosted.

{I love this picture of Madisen & Makayla
in their festive pink heart shirts!}

Onto the Valentine Party- it was SO much fun! My friend Janet throws a party for couples every year. It was complete with heart name tags, door prizes (see below), carving your initials on the tree (also see below), a few 'games', a slow dance, and the best part of all... a poem written by the husbands, and of course some good eats. I was lucky enough to have Bill play a song that he'd written for me on the guitar. It was FABULOUS! The poems ranged from funny to fantastic to sappy & we learned about some hidden talents (Dennis & Elliot).

{Karissa, Ashlee, Alison}
{All of the ladies, except somehow Kate managed to skip out on a picture.}
{Jane, Janet, Denett, me, Jen, Alison, & Sara}

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun day! I love that idea for a couples' party. PS: Your hair is way cute too. :)

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

That was so much fun! I skipped out early b/c I was so embarrassed that Zach tried to cheat to get us a prize... j/k. Side note, when did you get those pictures taken with your girls? They look professional. So cute. And, I too, LOVE your hair. It is so stylish and dark. LUV IT!

Erica said...

What a fun idea! It looks like you guys had such a fun time. Can I steal your idea for next year?

Laura said...

What fun! I love reading your about what is going on. The party sounded fabulous. I love seeing and hearing about the girls, and you and Bill!
Laura