Friday, January 8, 2010

Madisen = Fancy Nancy

On Wednesday I took the girls to the library. Madisen started a new unit in school, life underwater- or something, so we were hoping to get some books about the ocean. But, of course, not with out adding some princess ones. We ended up with 2 Fancy Nancy books that we hadn't read. Before we were home, Madisen was planning a Fancy Nancy tea party- like the one in the 'How To' book. I recommended that we turn our Friday play date into just that. So we did. While I was cooking dinner Madisen wrote an invitation to her friend and one for Caitlyn's friend.


*We practiced a few French words: Merci and Sil vous plait.
*Drank Jux De Pomme
*Dressed the part
*Made our own fancy place mats- complete with glitter spray
*Dipped strawberries in sprinkles
*Ate parfaits
*Played 'Pretty, Pretty Princess' and Cinderella

6 comments:

Whitney and Garrett said...

i remember i loved pretty pretty princess, we wore that game right out! hope all is well in texas

Ben & Mona said...

Alyssa enjoyed all of the merriment (that's fancy for fun) at your house! All she wants to read now are Fancy Nancy books.

The Smith Family said...

Oh My...so cute. This is why I would love to have girls..how fun!!!

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

What a cute little party! I bet they had a blast!

Hibbard Family said...

What a great party! maybe I'll throw myself & friends a fancy nancy party...

Brooke said...

Aren't you the cutest ever??? How fun. We LOVE Fancy Nancy around here too. I'll have to remember this darling idea!