Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Madisen!

Today our oldest little girl turns 5. I can't believe how fast the last 5 years have been!! It seems like just yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital in her little pumpkin outfit.... and now look at her!

This is one of my favorite ages so far. (Although they are all wonderful for different reasons.) She is fun to talk to, 'sleeps in'- until 7, is a peacemaker, ADORES her little sisters, is helpful and obedient, and the whining is waning!! Madisen has always had a sharp mind & been perceptive to her surroundings and it's exciting to see her eager mind at work. She is in a perfect preschool setting where she is thriving on the new things she learns. We are doing a lot of reinforcing at home and I think that is contributing to her excitement. Her new favorite pass time is coloring. She has coloring books stationed throughout the house & she pauses from playing to color. In fact when I asked her tonight what a perfect birthday would entail, she said that she'd just like to color all day. We'll have to add that to our 'to do' list on this day as we celebrate Madisen!

She and Brooklyn have a special bond. Maybe it's because they look so much alike!

She's a fish, naturally drawn to bodies of water- what can I say?
Madisen and Caitlyn have really become best buddies lately & I love it!

{Pictures are in the wrong order & not all text is supposed to be centered. but I CANNOT make computer cooperate. Better luck next time.}

5 comments:

janet said...

I cannot believe Madisen is FIVE!!!! How did that happen? She is such a sweet, smart, beautiful little girl!

I love the picture of her squished in the little bucket. Save that one for her wedding video :)

janet said...

oh, and your centering code must be a little mixed up on your post. I can't type the code in this box because it won't show... but the HTML tags start with div style= "text align: center". it will center EVERYTHING until there is another div to end it.

So, go into your HTML and cut one of the /div at the end of the post (including the sideways triangle codes, I can't type them here.) Paste that code at the END of whatever you want centered and it will put the rest of the text after in it's place. Does that make sense? Good luck!

Aimee said...

WOW - you have a 5 year old. Glad to hear that the whining starts to fade by then. That means I only have 2 more years to go! Happy Birthday Madisen!

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

Happy Birthday sweet Madisen!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Madisen! I can't believe she's 5, either! She's such a beautiful little girl and I'll bet she can't wait until k-garten next year...Carter asks a least once a week when he gets to start riding the bus :)