This one is for you, Julie!
Definition of quirk: n. 1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe. 2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
Rules: Link the Person who Tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.
1. I don't like dishes left in my sink. I load them immediately into the dishwasher or wash them by hand. It used to drive me nuts when Bill had a late snack and would leave dishes in the sink without even rinsing them- now he just leaves them in the sink if the dishwasher is full.
2. I start clearing the table before everyone is through eating. This used to drive my family & roommates CRAZY. I still find myself doing this. Perhaps it's because my dear daughters take 30 minutes to eat a meal & I'm ready to be on to the next thing.
3. I have bubbly toes. The toenail on my big toe is much too small for the size of my toe. This is because I had part of my toenails permanently removed when I was in high school. But I insist on wearing sandals, flip flops, and other open toed shoes. I am not ashamed of my bubbly toes!
4. I am queen of starting a project & then leaving it half finished for A LONG TIME (meaning it could be weeks) while I move on to the next project. This is just one area where Bill is a great balance for me- he has a lot of stick-to-it-ness in him!
5. I don't put butter on toast, pancakes, waffles, french toast, or baked potatoes. I go straight to the jam, syrup, or sour cream.
6. I often fall asleep on the couch before I actually make it to my bed. I like to call this pre-sleeping. Why I don't just head to bed when I'm tired remains a mystery to me- and to Bill who wakes me up at crazy hours so I can go upstairs.
It's true- I'm quirky! I'm tagging any of you who are feeling like sharing your quirks with your internet audience!
5 comments:
I like this tag. I don't put butter on my stuff either! Who knew?
I wish I had your first quirk-- never leaving anything in the sink-- my kitchen would be much cleaner! This is a fun post!
Love it, Em! I knew you had some good ones. I totally remember you immediately clearing of table, oh and your toes. I'll always have memories of those toes.
I'm with you on #1. I HATE dishes in the sink!!!
I have fond memories of "pre-sleeping" in college :) I've actually started doing this on nights when Brent is up late at home. It reminds me of you!
Post a Comment