*Yesterday morning I had my first visit to a new doctor- the one who will be delivering baby #3. Some of you know that this has been a very different pregnancy for me. I haven't had the same symptoms that I did when I was pregnant with my girls. Besides being more irriatable, less patient, and a little more tired- I haven't felt pregnant. I was so releived to have an ultrasound yesterday and see the baby- complete with head, spine and legs- moving all over the place! I heard the heartbeat and now it finally feels real to me! I did get an ultrasound picture, but it wasn't very clear so it won't scan too well. The due date is still set for April 30th. My girls are hoping for a boy & I'll be real surprised if it's not... only time will tell.
*This morning my girls were reading books & doing puzzles in their rooms while I was showering. When I got out I realized that it was pretty quiet so I went to find them. I heard the water running in their bathroom & knew there must be trouble. I walked in to find them both with globs of toothpaste in their hair. Caitlyn had so much that she had a huge mohawk! I asked them what they were doing. This is the conversation that ensued.
Madisen:"We were trying an experiment."
Me, "Oh what was that?"
Madisen: "To see if the toothpaste would make our hair change colors."
Me, "And did it?"
Madisen:"Yep. See it's white, green & red."
I sighed, "That was a good experiment. Now we need to wash your hair."
Ah, I love experiments.
15 comments:
I can totally hear you saying that last comment. I guess you didn't get any toothpaste hair pics then...understandable but those would've been good!
I'm so glad the pregnancy is 'official' and baby is looking healthy in utero.
Adorable story! I'm proud of you for asking first before you rushed them off for a shower! And congrats on the baby!
Yeah for a great ultrasound. Hope this baby is calm and easy.. because the pregnancy has seemed that way so far!
and the toothpaste story is CRAZY! You have to get pictures of that kind of stuff. such funny girls!
I love their creativity. I never would have thought of using toothpaste to color my hair. I'm glad your ultrasound went well. They are always a relief to me too.
Oh, such a relief to know... and believe me our house is full of "experiments" kids can get pretty creative.
Soooo glad to hear the doctors appointment went well. I've been thinking about you lots lately! Okay.. and I love the hair story. How creative!
That IS such a relief. I always feel nervous until that first OB appt. Can't wait until you find out what it is! Yay.
And what a funny story, that sounds like it could happen here at our house too. Anytime it's quiet, I get nervous. :)
I'm so relieved for you that everything is well with you your little addition. Oh, and just so you know if it is a boy, they tend to get in a lot more trouble than just putting toothpaste in their hair. So prepare yourself now. I think you can handle it by the way you handle your girls. I would have not been nearly as patient as you were. My boys turned me into a much sterner mom. Maybe I can have a girl and it will soften me up a little. :)
I bet the toothpaste really changed the color of Caitlyn's white hair.
I hope you get a boy, they are great fun. And happy birthday to Madison, you know how to throw a fun party!
YEA..glad everything is OK with the pregnancy!! I hope it stays pretty smooth.
I love the experiment story. To CUTE!
Congratulations! What fun! For me three was easier than one. Your girls will be so cute with the baby.
What a clever (and messy) experiment. Too cute.
What a cute story! I'm glad everything went well at the dr's. I hope you get a boy-- it seems like everyone else is!
I'm totally looking forward to your baby news :) I'm so impressed at how calmly you react to your girls "experiments". Aren't kids creative?!
That is a funny story, and I agree with Janet, you gotta get pics of that stuff! Too cute. And I'm so relieved to hear that everything is healthy and normal...we are rooting for a BOY for you!
Post a Comment