Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Gold Medal

Last week Caitlyn finished a semester of gymnastics at the Little Gym. We started in the same tap/gym class that we had done last year, but after the first week she sat on my lap during dance and refused to participate. So we switched to the strictly gym class, I'm not about to force extra-curricular activities on anyone.

To celebrate the completion of the semester, they have what is called Show Week during their regularly scheduled class. Sadly, I wasn't quite ready with the camera when Caitlyn came running out first and did her tricky somersault. Instead I captured her pleased grin as she waited for and watched her class mates.
I just realized that I didn't take many action shots. Instead, I have a bunch of videos that I'm too impatient to upload right now.
At the end each child came up to receive a gold medal while Mr. Jesse blew some bubbles.
Caitlyn is so proud of her gold medal and shows it to everyone!
Caitlyn was pretty disappointed that neither grandparents nor daddy could attend the show, so we decided to celebrate by going out to lunch. She requested lunch and ice cream... and was delighted to share with Brooklyn. I love watching them together.

1 comment:

Dave and Terry said...

It looks like she is very good at her skills. Who showed her how to pose for that medal? Best of all - It is so cute to see the girls take care of each other!!