Quinoa Southwest Salad
1 cup quinoa
1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (I omitted this)
2 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp cumin
zest of 2 small limes
1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes worth)
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
Rinse quinoa thoroughly and add to a pot with 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until all the water is absorbed; set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro and lime zest.
Season the quinoa with the salt, pepper and cumin, tossing to combine.
Whisk together the lime juice and olive oil. pour over the quinoa, tossing to combine. Add the quinoa to the remaining ingredients, gently folding to combine.
Chill before serving and garnish with diced avocado.
1 cup quinoa
1 15-oz can black beans drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c. frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (I omitted this)
2 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp cumin
zest of 2 small limes
1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes worth)
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
Rinse quinoa thoroughly and add to a pot with 1/2 tsp kosher salt and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until all the water is absorbed; set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro and lime zest.
Season the quinoa with the salt, pepper and cumin, tossing to combine.
Whisk together the lime juice and olive oil. pour over the quinoa, tossing to combine. Add the quinoa to the remaining ingredients, gently folding to combine.
Chill before serving and garnish with diced avocado.
Our review: Bill and I LOVED it
Brooklyn enjoyed about 5 bites
Madisen & Caitlyn steered clear b/c of the onions and tomatoes.
**Sadly, I'm not sure where the recipe originated, but I owe Mikkyn a big THANKS for sharing it with me!
2 comments:
I am really excited to try this emi! We are quinoa people simply because it is some much easier than rice to me and i love the texture, so thank you for sharing, love new ideas to do with it!
My sisters-in-law were talking about quinoa just last week. We'll have to try it out. By the way I LOVE the vivid colors in your family pictures! Very summer chic!
Post a Comment