Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

What a perfect & relaxing day! Bill & the girls brought me breakfast in bed, showered me with a few things the girls picked out (fingernail polish, lip gloss & lotion), and we enjoyed a hurry-free morning. Madisen asked me to come to church to hear her sing in Sacrament meeting so I thought it was a great chance to get a picture of all the girls dressed in our Sunday best. I enjoyed an afternoon nap while they stayed at church & then we had a delicious ham dinner prepared by Bill- served on china for the special occasion.

I love these three little blessings! They make me grateful each day for the opportunity I have to be their mother! I love how unique & special they are. I have much room for improvement, but I appreciate their forgiveness of my shortcomings.

I was reading a book given to me by my wonderful, Christ-like, self-sacrificing, patient & kind mother, and wanted to share a quote that I love. I think it will be my new motto: Sometimes the best thing I can do as a mother is to remember what it was like to be a child.
{This was my favorite picture because it captures all 3 of their personalities; sweet, sleepy, & spunky.}

10 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

You girls are all so beautiful! It sounds like your mother's day was heavenly. I'm so glad!!

Mel said...

What a beautiful family! You look wonderful. Thanks for the quote!

janet said...

Your girls are so adorable! Bill knows how to spoil you..

Love the quote. Have fun with Bill's parents. so glad they can come see little Paige.

Katie said...

Congrats on your darling new baby! Your girls are so cute. I hope you are doing well. (And thanks for that great quote!)

laura said...

Paige is so beautiful. I think she looks a lot like you! Love the picture of you and your girls!

Danielle said...

oh Paige is darling! so precious!

Dave and Terry said...

What a cute picture!!
Love to all of you, Grandma aka Mom

Hibbard Family said...

You have 3 beautiful girls, Emilee. You are a very lucky women because one day they will be your best friends :)

lrbodine said...

You look fabulous Em! And of course you have adorable girls too.

Julie said...

What a great Mother's Day, Em. You look fabulous and not one bit like you just gave birth. Your girls are as darling as ever. Great quote, thanks for sharing it! Hope your doing well. Miss you lots!