*The girls now share a room & we turned the yellow room into a play room. They are LOVING the swing we got from Ikea- just like cousin Matthew & Connor's!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Home Improvements
About a month before Paige was born I decided it was time to make our home more 'user friendly'. I think they call that nesting. It was at this same time that we acquired some furniture from Bill's grandparents. Therefore, it took us a l-o-n-g time to get organized & it feels like we rearranged every room, closet, and drawer in the house! Here is the new look of our home.
*The girls now share a room & we turned the yellow room into a play room. They are LOVING the swing we got from Ikea- just like cousin Matthew & Connor's!
*I'm going to hang this picture in their closet in an effort to have them clean up after themselves.
*I love our new computer desk because it makes our kitchen feel more open & less cluttered. And the girls love having their own table for meals or crafts. (Plus we got rid of the food storage garbage can since we now have an entire closet dedicated to food storage.)
*The entry way is more inviting & it's just prettier!
*OK this area isn't quite done. I think we're going to hang a LARGE clock to the left of the huge picture and we're also going to add a small end table with a lamp between the chair & piano.
*I am enjoying the simpler look of the pillows & the taller end table.
*Bill completed a few major projects this week while I was down & being taken care of by my mom. He painted the wall behind the hutch. It ties in the drapes & painting so well! Plus the hutch stands out better. Ooooh & we are loving the table. We were especially pleased to find that we could fit 8 people at it without a leaf!
*Bill's other project of the week was the stone he added to the exterior- courtesy of the Bailey's. It's nice to have a little more character on our cookie cutter house! (And the not-so-aesthetically-pleasing flower garden that is now full of huge rocks. A cat had turned it into a litter box. It was really bothering Bill so he added the boulders hoping to deter it. So far so good.)
And there you have it.... most of our new look. The 2 bedrooms are still a work in progress, but hopefully they get completed this week.
*The girls now share a room & we turned the yellow room into a play room. They are LOVING the swing we got from Ikea- just like cousin Matthew & Connor's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW!!!! Nesting is an understatement. You guys have been busy. The house looks wonderful. I love the playroom and the polkadots on the wall!
I think the rocks in the garden look great. The flowers coming up through the crevices looks really cool. And I love the rock on your house. It makes such a difference on our plain little houses.
That sounds like the most fun nesting I've ever heard of...and the most productive! You have such a beautiful home and such a talent for making it look that way!
Cute house - cute family!
Post a Comment