Last night when we were watching the results show, Bill completely surprised me. After they announced that David Cook was the winner Bill said he thought it was rigged, b/c Archuleta outperformed Cook the previous night. I guess he had watched the show the night before 'while he was recording it for me' and tried multiple times to vote for David Archuleta but couldn't get through on the phone line, even an hour later. What? He was watching and voting?
Thursday, May 22, 2008
American Idol
Bill and I are NOT TV watchers, but this year we (yes we) have been following American Idol. It has been extra exciting this year b/c I'm from Murray- the hometown of David Archuleta- and I really thought Brooke White was talented! I was a little disappointed when to find out that our monthly book club was going to be on the same night as the final performances, so I asked Bill to record it. (No, we don't have DVR or TiVo- so this was the good old fashioned way.) Well, after we discussed "Jane Eyre" and had a few snacks, we decided to watch American Idol.
I was pleased to watch it with girls who were as excited about it as I was. So we watched the finals, and the songs that each of the David's had sung on the Mariah Carey night & the Andrew Lloyd Weber night. (We really need to update to the world of DVR.) Thanks for hosting us Janet!
Last night when we were watching the results show, Bill completely surprised me. After they announced that David Cook was the winner Bill said he thought it was rigged, b/c Archuleta outperformed Cook the previous night. I guess he had watched the show the night before 'while he was recording it for me' and tried multiple times to vote for David Archuleta but couldn't get through on the phone line, even an hour later. What? He was watching and voting?
Last night when we were watching the results show, Bill completely surprised me. After they announced that David Cook was the winner Bill said he thought it was rigged, b/c Archuleta outperformed Cook the previous night. I guess he had watched the show the night before 'while he was recording it for me' and tried multiple times to vote for David Archuleta but couldn't get through on the phone line, even an hour later. What? He was watching and voting?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's funny about Bill watching AND voting. Kevin got more into this season than I did. He would watch American Idol when I would go clean the office.
How fun emi. those look like fun girls. I'm excited to see you soon and hope that someday david A. will be famous! p.s. was that really your mayor?
xoxo lou
I love it, I love it....I'm very shocked at his support for Archie taken to the extreme fan! (ok, maybe not EXTREME, but still!) I'm so impressed Bill, good job.
Post a Comment