Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Birthday



I have to post these pictures. My sweet husband and children put on the sweetest little 'party' for me this morning. When I got home from my walk, I was welcomed at the door by them wishing me a Happy Birthday and the smell of waffles and bacon filled our house. This is what I found at my place at the table. Bill baked cupcakes in ice cream cones & decorated them after I went to bed last night. He even cleaned up every lick of evidence because when I woke up with Caitlyn in the middle of the night there was nothing to make me suspicious. I'm so lucky to have him! He is so sweet & thoughtful!

Tonight he babysat the girls while I attended enrichment. It was fabulous and inspiring! The speaker is a school psychologist who also owns a children's bookstore. She strongly believes in using books to teach & enrich our children. A sad fact: In the 1960's when students graduated from high school they had a vocabulary of 25,000 words. The average high school graduate now has a vocabulary of 10,000 words. What a tragedy! She recommend some great books for moms & children. If you'd like to know any of them, I'd be happy to share.

The best news of my birthday is that my sister had her baby tonight! I got the text that Caden Lane Scherbel was born at 10:35 p.m. weighing in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 inches long. Mom and baby are doing well.

6 comments:

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

Happy Birthday! What a sweet husband you have! I'm glad you had a fun day. And yes.. I'd love to hear about those books. Post them!

Mel said...

Wow! A bunch a brownie points for your hubby! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

laura said...

Happy birthday! Why do I not have your birthday on my calendar? I totally remember that we share September birthdays. What day is it?

I would love the book recommendations!

Julie said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Emilee dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish, that it would be, a Happy Happy Birthday to you from me!! Love you, Em. You have a fabulous husband. Congrats to your sister.

Julie said...

P.S. I'd love to see what books she recommended. Email me! :)

mcwally said...

Happy Birthday! And way to go Bill. Most impressive.

Emilee, I would LOVE to get a list of those books. Would it work to e-mail them? mwalburger@hotmail.com Then, once I get your e-mail address I can (sheepishily) get you on my blog. So fun to see you not too long ago - so glad it was a nice getaway for you all. Love you!