At her 16 month check up Brooklyn is measuring in the 52% for height... she's TALL for our family!
I just love everything about this stage of childhood. Each new discovery is magical... from puddles to thunder to barking dogs to climbing on the kitchen counter. She is also our most 'destructive' child, though. About a month ago she & I were upstairs doing laundry... or something. I came downstairs to check on Caitlyn when suddenly I heard a loud C*R*A*S*H as something shattered on the tile upstairs. I ran up to find Brooklyn standing in the bathroom sink, pointing at the Q-tip jar on the floor, saying "Uh-oh". Sigh. Thank goodness she hadn't toppled over the sink with the jar. Good thing we love her!!! She's just at that magical age of exploring everything... and getting in the middle of everything. She's like a fly in the ointment. But this too shall pass, so we are enjoying it to the fullest.
She's really trying to communicate with us and says a few words. We know that she is understanding everything we tell her, because she 'obeys' any instruction we give her. Ie: Let's wash our hands. Get your shoes on. Let's go change your diaper. It's just too darn cute.
So far she says: mama, daddy, bumpa (grandpa), peese (please), ish (fish), sss (shoes), mo (more and milk), num num (food), nana (banana), ine (mine), and a few more.
Oh, and she says ah-ive, (olive). This could be her favorite food!
1 comment:
Love Catilyn's diva pic...... so cute and reading about your little one...... I"m thinking my son is behind on his development..... better talk to the pediatrician.... for reals! I'll try to catch you this week!
xoxo lou
Post a Comment