Monday, August 16, 2010

To Grandmother's House We Go

After the beach, we (my mom, my sister Tiff, and I) loaded the kids up and drove to Utah to spend 2 weeks with my family. We made a short detour in Vegas to see my friend Jenn's newest addition and have a swim break. My camera was packed deeply somewhere, so there is no photo-documentation of this stop.

While in UT we:
**Had a Loveridge family home evening picnic... complete with Minute to Win It games & home made ice cream in Ziplock bags. (I was THRILLED to see all of my cousins, their spouses, and kids, except Aimee, because Nathan was leaving on his mission the next week. It will be YEARS before we all get together again. And I have such fond memories with these cousins. Also since we live so far away I miss out on other things they do together throughout the year like Stadium of Fire, Lake Powell, annual picnics, and birthday parties.)





**Had a Dodds family picnic where we welcomed MacKenzie home from her mission.
**Visited with Great Grandpa Loveridge- twice! Once at his store and once at my mom's house. My girls just love him! And so do I. I grew up working for him, so we have a special bond. I'm grateful that my girls have taken to him so well, even though our time with him is limited.

**Attended the theater, as mentioned earlier.

**Spent an afternoon at the Church History Museum. This is a requirement for us each time we visit my mom. It's my girls' favorite.
**Spent a day touring downtown... a post of it's own coming soon.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You always look like you have the best time in Utah, Em. Seeing family is so much fun and your girls look so cute and excited!

simple mom/wife said...

I have to admit I ache a little for you when I know you have to come back to Texas from there. I know, I know there is good things about bein' out here but still . . . I just know how you feel. Those summer family things look so familiar and are so treasured! I love it!