Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blast from the Past

Yesterday I drove my girls to St. George where we met my dad. He took them home for the week so I could work on details for the move, etc. They were so excited to ride in grandpa's van that they could hardly say goodbye to me. This will surely be their favorite week of the summer! Thanks mom & dad!

After I bid them farewell, I met up with one of my sweetest & dearest college friends/ roommate/ teaching buddy who was in town from North Carolina- Cindy Lou.
We visited, shopped, & watched our kiddo's 'play' together. She & I have all of our kids within a few months of each other. It's been fun to share mothering experiences 'together' through the Internet & phone.

Ira is only 9 days older than Brooklyn. At his 2 month appointment he weighed 4 pounds more than Brooklyn did... boys are just meant to be bigger! She finally had a boy so we can be related someday!

Cindy is also very close to her family & has lived FAR from them while her husband has been in school & now for his residency. She's been cheering me along for the move... telling me that my kids will still get to see & have a relationship with my family even though there will be many miles between us. Thanks for the boost & the visit Lou!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I can't believe you are moving too! I was shocked when I read something about you moving and had to go back and get caught up on all of your entries to figure out what was going on! I hope the move will be a good one for you. I'm glad our paths crossed for a couple of years. I'm a better person for knowing you! I hope the new job works out for your hubby. It's good to get out of the industry while you can.

Sabrina said...

CINDY!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

I had the best Time Emi! Hang in there these next few weeks...Tim and I will find a great meeting ground that both of us can meet up between here and houston for beach weekends!!! I had the greatest day with you and wished I could have everyday with emilee! Lots of love and thanks again for making the drive...it meant so much to me!
love lou

Eisha said...

I remember cindy, and I haven't seen her Since BYU, so cute!--Eisha