Sunday, November 16, 2008

Maui- part 1

We returned from our dream vacation on Wednesday morning, and I finally got around to uploading the pictures tonight. I'm too tired tonight to do the trip justice, so that will just have to wait until tomorrow. In the mean time, here are some of my favorite memories.

{Dinner at Leilani's! We both LOVED the fish tacos & Hula Pie. In fact we had to go back a second time for both, it was that good!}

{The sunset from the beach in front of our hotel.}

{Sunrise at the Haleakala Crater- time 6:20 a.m. We woke up at 2:15 to be on time! And it was FREEZING cold! We had gone from sea level to 10,023 feet- it was truly breathtaking!}

{Big Beach: Park City meets Orange County! We were swimming in this clear, warm water staring up at rolling green hills. It was surreal!}

16 comments:

Nicole said...

Maui is one of my favorite places ever. It looks like you had a lovely time, including shivering on the top of Haleakala.

Jon and Ashley said...

Oh I am so jealous! It is so beautiful. You guys looked like you had a great time!

Jilly Bean said...

So beautiful! What a great opportunity for you guys!

janet said...

Every time I've seen you this past week, I've wanted to ask about your trip, and it's always been too crazy!

Anyway, the pictures are beyond beautiful! I especially love the sunrise picture. Did you wake up at 2:15 so you could hike to that point?

I can't wait to hear all about it.. so glad that this is only part one!

ps. LOVE the family picture up top.

pps. Are you feeling up to walking in the morning?

Alli Waldron said...

I am SO jealous! Chad and I both love Hawaii and can't wait to go together!

allison nadauld said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to hear more. Was it just the two of you that went?

The Walkers said...

Oh I love the idea of the sunrise and the hiking! Too perfect. And the pictures that you have posted are beyond beautiful! I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful trip!

Ashlee said...

Emilee I'm so glad you got back ok!!! The trip sounds so relaxing and amazing!! That's so neat that you got to go, just the 2 of you! I bet your girls missed you so much! Can't wait to see more pictures!

vickersfam said...

wow, I'm so happy you guys got to go on such an amazing trip! I think I saw that sunrise place on a travel/discovery channel, and Rodney and I both thought it would be an awesome place to visit.

The Smith Family said...

WOW, it looks like you guys had a great time!! We went to Maui for our honeymoon and oh how I miss it. I love all the pics..so beautiful.

Jessie said...

Hi, I'm Shane's wife, Jessica. He sent me a bunch of links a while ago, and I'm just now getting them on my site. Your girls are adorable! Shane and I went to Maui last January. We made a little video slide show on our blog. Here's a link if you want to see! It's nice to meet you and free free to visit our site anytime! http://powers-fam.blogspot.com/2008/02/hawaii.html

Hibbard Family said...

It looks like paradise, I"m so jealous!

Julie said...

Em, that looks so wonderful. For sure that is a dream vacation. I can imagine it was hard to leave that behind, but I'm sure you were dying to get back home to your girls. Sounds like they were in good hands though. Glad you got to get away...its so worth the effort. Can't wait to see more pics!

Tiffanie said...

how fun! I'm so happy you were able to go on your dream vacation!

Tiffanie said...

ps...i'm so impressed you woke up so early to go to haleakala. especially since you're prego. I was too lazy. We just saw the sunset.

Anonymous said...

sooooooo not fair! But I am happy you guys had such a nice trip! I keep telling Bryan, since we're in Florida,
"We're not leaving here without going to Disney World and Sea World and you and I have taken a trip to the Cariibean!" hahahah we shall see!