Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Official.... I'm OLD!

No, I haven't turned the big 3-0 yet, but my body is telling me it's close. On Saturday we went boating with Bill's mom. I was super excited to jump in and ski- I LOVE water skiing! Once I said "Hit it" and the boat started to drag me, I realized that it's been a l-o-n-g time since I skied. In fact, it's been 2 years! Last summer we had a series of 'unfortunate' events (wind and boat trouble) that prevented me from skiing and the summer before that I was pregnant with Caitlyn. As I was gliding along the water struggling to hang on to the rope, I was reminded of a T-shirt that I bought years ago at Lake Powell, "Arms burning, knees pumping and back aching... Never felt better." My arms and back are sure feeling it today, but it was worth it!

{This picture is cheesy, but it was taken when we were dating.... we did more cheesy things back then.}

8 comments:

Dave and Terry said...

I like the "cheesy" picture.
Love, Mom

Sara B said...

Cheesy is a good thing! Glad you came and worked out even though you were sore- see you tomorrow!

Liz said...

Cheesy or not we have to keep memories of the things we "used" to do. There seems to be more and more of those things when seen through these old eyes.

Unknown said...

How fun to be water skiing! The lake by us doesn't allow boats big enough for skiing...and we don't have a boat anyway. Keep up the skiing, it'll keep you young :)

Julie said...

How fun, Em! I haven't been water skiing for a LONG time either. I think I've been pregnant every time I've been boating in the last few years. Hopefully this summer we'll get a chance to go. I love that picture of you and Bill.

Hibbard Family said...

I love water skiing too, but I am always so sore for a few days after, its surprising what a work out it is huh? I like the cheesy picture!!

Karissa said...

I just wanted to say hello... You have a super cute family! How fun!

Take care!
Karissa

thebagleysblog.blogspot.com

Emily B said...

I love that picture. I'm glad you posted it. I remember when we went to the lake with you guys, and you skied on one ski while being about 14 weeks pregnant with Caitlyn. I thought it was awesome.