I told Madisen we were going a couple of days before we left. She started the countdown immediately and was elated to know that this time we actually got to spend the night.
After camp was set up Kate entertained the kids inside their tent trailer for a few minutes by playing Candy Land.Due to the fire restrictions we could not cook ourselves any tin foil dinners, so we had sub sandwiches- followed by S'mores brownies. They are a far 2nd from the marshmallows roasted over the open fire, but we were pretending.

Madisen, Mara, & Reagan had so much fun together! Sometimes with little girls 3 can be a crowd but I was pleased to see that this was not the case for these fun friends.
Here they are eating some snacks while they are waiting to watch their daddy's repel off the side of a mountain. It was kind of a long wait, but they were troopers.
Here they are eating some snacks while they are waiting to watch their daddy's repel off the side of a mountain. It was kind of a long wait, but they were troopers.Repelling was the grand finale! The guys had high hopes of repelling down & then we would all take turns climbing. But the rope didn't quite make it to the ground so Bill was the designated climber to retrieve the anchor.


8 comments:
Your family is so adorable!!
That looked like so much fun. Your camera takes great pictures. Your girls are seriously adorable. I wish you could have been there on Saturday.
Fun! Looks like the kids had a great time. What a great idea to escape the heat! We need to do that soon!
How fun! The kids look like they had lots of fun! And repelling.. how cool!
What a great getaway, looks like all the kids were loving the outdoors! Cute pictures!
How fun! Where did you go? Just to MT Charleston? Fun with Grandma's too! I love when family comes to visit!
Looks like we were not missed too badly! What a good time, I love it up there. This heat is killing me already!! Cute pics Em!
I've still never been to Mt. Charleston. This makes me want to go camping there (or anywhere!), but I guess we need to buy a tent first. Glad you guys had a fun time!
Post a Comment