Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day

This is my late tribute the the father of my girls... my wonderful husband! We had a perfect day! The girls and I let Bill sleep in while they helped create his present & we made his favorite breakfast- German Pancakes & orange julius. The only picture I got with daddy & his girls is them in their P.J.'s.

Here you can see Caitlyn is eager to help daddy unwrap his presents. She knows that something tasty is inside. As soon as Bill opened & shared his Sour Patch Kids with the girls, they immediately spit them in their hands. Caitlyn handed it to me and said, "No wike." Madisen gave me a look of disgust since she couldn't figure out why that candy wouldn't taste good, as she handed the half eaten piece to me and said, "Here mom, you try." Bill grinned b/c he had scored a sweet treat that the girls weren't going to be sharing with him.

I had to include a picture of the note that Madisen dictated for her daddy. As she 'reread' it to him she had changed a few words at the end, and what she was trying to say is that she loves her daddy when he doesn't go to work. So sweet!!

The talks in our ward were fantastic tributes to fathers and grandfathers! After church the girls took L-O-N-G naps! I was able to read, take a rest myself, make dessert, dinner, & clean up the kitchen. In fact the girls slept so long that they slept right through dinner. Bill & I enjoyed a kid-free dinner at 6 pm!

I don't know about you, but Bill seems to like everything I cook for dinner- I guess he has to. So thinking of something that would be his favorite was tricky. I quickly decided on using the BBQ grill, but since we'd had steak previously that week I was trying to think of something different. I came across this recipe a few weeks ago & decided that it was definitely a meal for a special occasion- so this was it!I must say that I was quite pleased with how these Chicken Kabobs turned out... they even look appetizing in the raw form!
We did, however, find out that they DON'T taste good the 2nd day. So next time we'll make them for company!

3 comments:

Emily B said...

Love the header. Those chicken kabobs look awesome. Kevin's parents make those a lot. We'll have to try to do them some time. Also, Kevin likes sour patch kids, too. Whenever I ask him if he wants me to get him a treat, he always asks me to get him some sour patch kids.

Liz said...

Hmmm... those treats wouldn't work in that way at our house, my kids love them just as much as Jay! It sounds like you guys had a great day!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm...these look tasty! I may have to give this recipe a try!