This weekend I went to California with a few girlfriends. We went for a shopping trip to the fashion district in downtown LA. The fashion district wasn't as 'fashionable' as we were hoping. We mostly found deals on shoes, purses, dolls, accessories & coats. After a relaxing Mexican dinner we shopped some more at TJMaxx & then saw the movie "Enchanted"- I highly recommend it!
The best part about this was that my INCREDIBLE husband took care of my girls. It was a great weekend for some 'daddy daughter bonding'! He went above & beyond just taking care of them, he was super dad. His weekend included: a 5k Santa Fun Run pushing the double jogger (yes, he was wearing a Santa suit), dinner at Burger King, playing games like "Pretty, Pretty Princess", taking 5 children to church by himself (he signed up to take an extra 3 before he remembered that I wouldn't be here), teaching Elders Quorum, cooking a turkey for Sunday dinner complete with mashed potatoes & homemade bread, & all of this on top of the fact that Caitlyn was in need of a little extra love- she's had a rough case of diarrhea & diaper rash for 5 days now.
I'm behind on my posting of pictures of Thanksgiving & Caitlyn's birthday, but that will have to come later. I've got to get to bed so I'm ready for Monday!
5 comments:
Wow Super Dad! That is so fun that you got to go play. I bet you had a great time!
How fun for both of you! Glad you got to go and have some fun -you deserve it!
That is so fun that you got to get away for a couple days. I'm always a better wife & mother after trips like these...at least for a couple of days. Bill is superman for sure. Taking 5 kids to church alone is a huge undertaking. What a fun dad he is!
Fun for you!! I can't get over the "5 kids at church" thing. I don't think that I could even do that!! :)
I'm a little behind on blogging, but this was very cute to read...Bill is a super dad, and we are so lucky to have such wonderful men supporting us!!
Post a Comment