The Elementary Schools here don't celebrate Halloween... so the week after the children get to dress up as their favorite Story Book Character and carry the book as they parade through the school.
For an annual fundraiser, Madisen's school puts on a fun run. The students get pledges for the number of laps they will run or you can give a flat donation. They are tricky when they encourage you to pay $3 or $5 per lap... b/c really how many laps can a kindergartner run? Well,,, if they're fun run laps it's quite a few!
Yep, she completed 32 laps! The lap cap is 35. I was very proud of her endurance!P.S. Did I ever mention that at her school they pledge allegiance to the flag every morning. And then they pledge to the the Texas flag. Who knew that such a thing existed? Texans sure are proud of their state!
2 comments:
I heard someone say that they even have Texas edition cars and trucks. I love the Texas pride.
In england and australia they do book character parades vs. halloween so maybe the USA is catching on!
Post a Comment