Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween Festivities

Phew. It's about time I get these pictures posted!

For Madisen's school, the children can decorate a pumpkin to look like a storybook character. She chose to create "Pat the Bat" from a word family book. I thought it turned out pretty cute! Caitlyn & Brooklyn also created bats... but I can't find that picture right now. :)

Caitlyn chose to be a bumble bee this year and I think it turned out quite ADORABLE! We happened to have the bumble bee leotard in our costume box and that little head piece I created from pipe cleaners and pom-poms completed the outfit quite nicely!
All ready for the school party!

On Friday night our ward held their chili cook off/costume parade for kids/trunk-or-treat. Here is Bill with his latest addition to his 70's costume.
The girls were darling in the parade!
Although they didn't go together. Caitlyn was sticking close to her preschool buddies.
After we filled our buckets it was off to the airport for me so I could pick up my sister.

Saturday morning we found ourselves at the Halloween celebration that our library was hosting.
I love how the girls are concentrating too hard to look up for a photo-op.
Someone is SUPER please with her pumpkin!
After a yummy lunch and some down time at home, it was time to dress up for a friend's birthday/Halloween party in their backyard.
After a busy Sunday for mom, a festive dinner prepared by dad and Aunt Kellie, we opted to celebrate the evening by making some sugar cookies and watching "How to Train Your Dragon".
Since we didn't trick-or-treat around the neighborhood, the last of our Halloween candy was eaten tonight! HOORAY!

6 comments:

Emily B said...

I'm loving the latest edition of the 70s costume. You should join him one year with a funky disco suit and a fro.

Brigette Little said...

Cute pictures! I love your header picture, too. I never noticed how much Brooklyn looks like Caitlin until you see them side by side!

Unknown said...

I wish our Halloween candy were gone...a lot of it may just magically disappear tonight after bedtime :)

Brooke said...

Oh, such cutie Halloween costumes!! Looks like your Halloween was busy like ours! :) I just barely posted about it today, it felt good to check it off my list. :) xoxo

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Fun Emi........ hope you are feeling well and things are going good..... love you and love your girls and their beautiful eyes...... can't wait to see number 4!

Hibbard Family said...

I love Bill's costume! It looks like you guys had a great time with everything!!