We got to spend Christmas with my family in Utah! It was a perfect week!! The girls and I arrived late Sunday night, but Bill had to work up through Christmas Eve.
I didn't take too many pictures-I was on vacation! Here are just some of the things we loved: relaxing at grandma's * playing with our cousin Caden * lots of sledding * the elves at Gardner Village * a brunch with Grandma & Grandpa Carruth, Uncle Bob, Aunty Christy & Aunt Becky * dancing to the music from Aunt Kellie's train * SNOW! * grandma's toys * drinking hot chocolate * the annual Christmas puzzle * late night movies * visiting great-grandpa's store * giving a gift to Jesus * seeing our extended family on Christmas day! Thanks for the wonderful vacation grandma & grandpa!

For FHE we bundled up to go see the lights at Thanksgiving point. We chose to ride in the horse drawn 'sleigh' and it was FREEZING! The girls ejoyed watching the horses, singing carols, and waving at the characters. After our ride we got to see 2 real reindeer- did you know they can smell food 3 feet deep?
Our Christmas Eve dinner- minus Bill who was en route. You can't see how festive it it... but almost the entire meal was red & green complete with a Santa Claus jell-o!

Christmas morning we were pleased to wake up to a small snow storm.

Madisen's highlight from Santa was her pink dolly cradle. She asked for it about 1 week before Christmas so the elves sure were scurrying to make that last minute gift happen. Miracles never cease b/c I found the
perfect cradle on KSL Classifieds and thanks to great-grandpa it is perfectly painted pink!

And sweet Caitlyn only wanted a vacuum. This is a year we'll never forget! She came down with a cold on Christmas morning and just wasn't feeling like herself. After she explored her stocking & tried out her new vacuum, she was content to snuggled up with grandpa. She opened a gift & was content playing with a new toy when Madisen brought over another gift for her to open. Caitlyn looked at her with all sincerity and said, "
I no need present. I already have one." After she said it the 2nd time Madisen said, "But Caitlyn, on Christmas you get to open up lots of presents!" Ah, the innocence of youth. If I only knew how to bottle up her need for only 1 present we'd be set for life!

Madisen is such a tender & thoughtful girl! She had just as much fun passing out presents to everyone as she did opening them. And it was neat to watch her be genuinely interested as the person opened the gift she'd delivered to them.

Caitlyn's other favortie gift was her new bike helmet. She wore it for quite a while & even wore it the next day.

Uncle Stew (Bill's good friend) sent Madisen a princess tent that came with a sleeping bag. She slept in it every night after that!

Aunt Tiffy made the girls these wands & princess crowns. Madisen calls the crown her princess hair.

I didn't get any pictures of us sledding... but Madisen also discovered the joy of making snow angels & trapsing through deep snow. She was old enough to really have fun in the snow this year!

We went to the movies one night to see "The Tale of Desperaux". We give it 1 thumb up. The plot was way over their heads, but they loved the atmosphere of being in the theater.

We can't figure out how to get them all to look at the camera at the same time.?
On the way home, we got to stop in St. George to visit with Great-Grandma & Grandpa Dodds & meet our new cousin Laynee. They just wanted to hold her... but they had to do it 'myself'!

Looks like we're ready for a new baby sister!
3 comments:
What a fun trip! Ahh, your girls are so sweet. :) Sad we couldn't connect but we'll just have to work it out next time you're here. :) Love ya!
What adorable girls you have! I am so excited that you're having another girl...I just knew it! Okay, that's easier to say now that you know what you're having :) Happy New Year!
Sounds like a very wonderful Christmas, Em. The girls are getting so big. I'm glad you enjoyed the snow. Wish we could have gotten together...next time! Oh and I'm so excited to see another adorable baby Carruth girl. Those last pictures of your girls holding that baby is so sweet. They'll love having their own baby sister.
Post a Comment