This picture Bill took when he got home from work, around 3:15- the job sites resembled ghost towns so it was an early day for him.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
More Snow Pictures
Here are some updated pictures of our snow day. It hasn't snowed like this in Las Vegas since 1979- almost 30 years! We are thrilled to have been part of this 'historic' event. Also, the schools were all shut down today because of the snow! Yep- 6 inches of snows shuts down the city that never sleeps!
This picture Bill took when he got home from work, around 3:15- the job sites resembled ghost towns so it was an early day for him.
He was so excited to bundle the kids up & take them to the park for some snow time!
Here they are all bundled up in multiple layers of clothes & socks.
My clever & resourceful husband found this inflatable tub/pool in our garage & put it to good use. They loved sledding! I guess Caitlyn wasn't too keen on walking in it, so Bill carried her the whole time, but it was truly an experience of a life time for them.
Then they built this huge snowman... but you can probably tell by the look on their faces that it was time to come home for a hot bath & some soup!
This picture Bill took when he got home from work, around 3:15- the job sites resembled ghost towns so it was an early day for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow! I can't believe you got snow like that! It's funny to see snow on a southwest-style home! Fun!
Looks like so much fun
I thought it was so funny too that they closed the schools down. Vegas acts so tough, but snow is scary to them! I love it. I'm glad it snowed though. It gave the kids a good taste of winter. Now, I'm ready for 50 degree temps.
The duck-sled is hilarious!
I can't believe it snowed! Kurt was so so jealous! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
good thinking, Bill! We should have found a makeshift sled, looks like fun! We only let Joshua play in the snow on our balcony, though I had thought about taking them to the park. Too busy of a shopping day.
Em-
Did they really build that snowman cause that would be alot of work for two little girls. They look so cute all budled up playing in the snow, I guess that they are just getting ready for newxt week when they come here to grandma's.
I'm still amazed that you got THAT MUCH snow! I remember getting flurries when I was teaching and the kids went nuts at recess. Your girls are such cute little bundled up kids!
Post a Comment