MADISEN!!
Yes it's true! On Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church, Madisen swallowed a penny. She & I were looking at my necklaces & I didn't realize that she'd been playing with a penny when suddenly she got a startled look on her face, began to cry & said that the penny fell from her lips into her mouth. She swallowed hard & could breathe & talk the whole time. We got her a big drink of water & figured that we'd just let it pass since it wasn't stuck in her throat.
When she woke up yesterday, she said that her tummy hurt.
I asked how it hurt and her response was, "It just hurts like I'm sick or something."
Mom, "Do you need to throw-up?"
Madisen, "No, it just hurts."
After more thought I decided that we should take her for some x-rays to see if the penny was lodged somewhere it shouldn't be. It only took 3 hours, 1 bagel, a bag of books & toys, and some cartoons to determine that the penny wasn't stuck and that yes, it should pass on it's own.
X-rays are all done digitally now, but our attending nurse was kind enough to ask if I wanted him to take a picture of them on my phone. When I pulled out my camera he was impressed. They need no explanation, it's pretty obvious where the penny is!
Madisen was such a dream! Her favorite part was riding on the bed as we were rolled to the x-ray room. And the sweet x-ray techs gave her a pink puppy that she has named Pink Bubblegum. They were impressed with how compliant she was- that's my girl!
11 comments:
What a brave girl! I swallowed a quarter once but it got stuck and a man (family friend) did the heimlick (sp?) - pretty scary. I've never put a coin in my mouth since though, so maybe Madison never will either :)
Wow! What a crazy story to tell. She's so calm and brave. Way to go, Madisen!
What an adventure you've had. That Madisen is always getting into mischief. She's so cute. Glad everything is okay.
She looked so tiny in that big bed. I'm glad it isn't stuck. She is such a doll.
Does Madisen think it's pretty cool that she has some pictures of her insides? I'm glad she's okay.
How scary, I'm glad that she is ok! You are so brave Madisen!
She'll probably like having these pictures when she gets older, to prove that she did such a crazy thing. Way to go, mom with the camera. :) And Madisen's a trooper!
Oh my goodness! What a story! I'm so glad everything worked out! Craziness!
oh my word, what a brave little girl! It's almost as cool of a story as all my ER visits with my boys and their heads! I'm glad it wasn't stuck somewhere it shouldn't be!
She is so cute!! I'm so glad that she is okay!!! I would LOVE to hear what you've learned about her personality! Do you have my email address? tristenlawrence{at}gmail{dot}com
Oh, fun times in the ER. Madisen is such a champ! And so is mommy! We're going to be driving trough Vegas in Mid August. Will you guys be around? We'd love to see you!!!
Post a Comment