Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A weekend in Panguitch, etc.

Last weekend we made a quick trip to Panguitch for my Aunt's surprise 50th birthday party! Before the party we drove out to show the girls my grandpa's farm. Madisen loved looking at the cows & horses from the car, but Caitlyn got to see them up a little closer. Isn't my dad quite the animal charmer!



It was no small task for a family of our size (My aunt has 2 parents, 6 siblings & spouses, 30 + nieces, nephews & spouses, and great-nieces & nephews) to keep the party a surprise, but we did! She was TRULY surprised! It's always fun to do something nice for someone & have them appreciate it. The nieces & nephews all wrote a tribute to her & one of my other aunt's complied them in a book- a memorable gift I'm sure.

After we wore the girls out on the tramp, swings & playing with cousins, we headed home for our ward's Untalented Show. I don't have the best pictures b/c of the lighting & distance, but you'll get the idea. Bill is in the top pictures with the bishopric. They did a fantastic rendition of 'Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam', kid style. Then Bill & I played "Don't Worry, Be Happy" on some homemade kazoos. I was in 2 acts with the primary presidency- one called 'Raindrops' shown below, and another skit where we had some Achievement Day girls sitting behind us while we acted out a presidency mtg. Bill forgot to take pictures of that, but you can see a video of it here if you'd like.


Some of the other highlights of the evening: synchronized swimming (yes, it can be done on stage), our Bishop singing "Book of Mormon Stories" wholeheartedly, the relief society presidency cheering, dancing to rap AND the bagpipes, storytelling, Rubik's cube solving, and MUCH more. If you're looking for a funny activity- give this one a try!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Fun trip!!! Good ol' Panguitch.

What a fun idea for a ward activity! Although I'm a little disappointed you didn't round up us "Dancing Grannies" for a reunion tour. We would've been a big hit! :)

Jon and Ashley said...

You guys did so awesome in the untalent show. You are such a good sport to be in so many things. It's so fun to see family and create those special memories.

Kurt, Amy and kids! said...

How fun that you got to see family! And what a great idea for a ward activity. Looks like it was a hit!

Ashlee said...

Fun trip to Panguitch!!! And you guys did such a great job, you were in quite a few!!! I LOVED the TPR band, very creative!!!

Emily B said...

You guys did almost the whole show. I'm glad you got back. I didn't even realize you were gone. I'm glad you posted this. I've been waiting to see pictures and video of your fun skits.

Julie said...

That is such a great ward activity. Way to represent your family. You should have demonstrated how great you are at multitasking...doing calf stretches while brushing your teeth, that's talent!

Katie said...

What a fun ward activity! I'll have to suggest that one!