For Valentines Day I surprised Bill with tickets to the
Houston Rodeo. It's the largest city rodeo in the country. And it is a BIG DEAL around here.

We were entertained by Buckin' Bronco's and Bull's!

Although as we sat and thought about this so-called sport, we decided that they're pretty crazy! And the commentators kept those Southern 1-liners going all night. Whoo- wee! "That's one big boy.... He sure makes his daddy proud."

The night we were there was 'Support Our Troops' night. There were 44 bus loads of uniformed men & women in the audience. The Air Force Special Forces did a special flag presentation. They also honored 3 war vets for their service. It truly made me proud to be an American!

Bill & I realize that we are only pseudo-cowboys. Next year you may see that the Texas spirit got the best of us & we'll be sporting some real boots. (Notice the belt buckles & my frilly shirt.
OK, I borrowed them from a friend!)

And the real reason we wound up at the rodeo................
RASCAL FLATS!
They are our style of country music! Even though we were in the nose bleed section, we could feel the energy from their songs. Love them! And I love fun/unusual date nights!
6 comments:
You sure seem to be having a lot of fun there in Texas! I love your dark hair. So jealous you went to rascal flats and a rodeo!
What a fun date! I have some boots that would have loved to be there with you :) Oh, wish we could have doubled with you!
I am not a cowboy, but I LOVE rodeos. They are so much fun. I actually went to an outdoor rodeo in Payson. I wonder if that Woolsey guy was there. And I love that you guys went to the mall after the livestock show. What a great place to go when you are stuck in traffic.
It was so fun to catch up on your blog!!! It looks like you ar eenjoying Texas, good for you!! I am still in good ol' UT!! I LOVE LOVE Rascal Flats, I have seen them in concert too!! So much FUN!!!
How fun! what a great Vday date. LOVE the belt buckles.. and Bill looks awesome in that hat.
ps. the word verification is making me type in a swear word.. (the B word if you must know) I'm willing to do anything to send a comment your way!
you guys make a nice-looking western couple! great outfits
Post a Comment