It was a blustery February day so I decided that a batch of homemade bread is just what we needed to warm things up a bit. Caitlyn was my helper. She had carefully placed all of the wheat kernals into the wheat grinder, turned it on, and was eagerly awaiting the finished product. As soon as I could tell that the wheat had all been ground I switched the OFF button. So the machine started making a high pitched whirring sound as the motor was winding down. Caitlyn, who had been standing on her stool, quickly sat down so she could cover her ears. I had turned my back to put something on the opposite counter. When I heard her suddenly SCREAMING. I turned to see that her hair had been sucked in by the motor as she was passing it. I tried to calm her down & free the hair, to no avail so I ran upstairs for the hair scissors & grabbed my camera on the way back. After some careful maneuvering I was able to only have to cut a small amount off to get her free. You can see what a mess it was when we were done. The hair was tied in about 4 knots. It was tightly wrapped around itself and then wound up.
Thankfully, there is a lady in our neighborhood who was willing to help me fix our mess this afternoon. And this is what we ended up with.
She may be missing a chunk of hair, but tonight I am thanking my guardian angels for making sure that's all she's missing. This could have had an AWFUL ending. I feel grateful that the grinder was winding down not going full force when she went past. Lesson learned: Keep wheat grinder in the middle of the counter.
11 comments:
Holy cow! I'm glad she's okay! I'll follow your advice and keep the white grinder away from the edge of the counter. ;)
Oh wow! I'm glad it all turned out okay. The short hair looks cute too - even if it will take a while to return back to normal. :)
I'm glad she's okay! I never thought about a wheat grinder being able to do that. That would have really scared me!
Oh my goodness, poor girl!!! I'm glad she is ok! She looks cute, even with a little chunk of hair missing!!!
Scary!!! I'm also so glad she is okay. Thanks for sharing so we know what can happen! xoxo
i tried REALLY hard not to laugh.. but while reading it, I just can't believe the little disasters we go through every day as mothers. Her hair in knots is awesome! So glad you got pictures.
oh, and I am really glad she's okay too :)
Oh my gosh that's crazy! Luckily everything turned out alright.
I loved reading about this. I feel like EVERY day as a mom I find myself in really weird funny, or scary predicaments like this one. Whenever I find myself in a crazy situation with my kids I always think, "Who else deals with things like this daily?!" I guess the answer is, all of the moms in the world! (Your girls are adorable and I miss you guys.)
That is CRAZY! I never would have worried about such a catastrophe occurring! I am so glad she is unharmed. And now she has chunky layers!
Oh, goodness. I'm so glad she's okay and you are too--now. I have to admit that it reminds me of the time I dared my brother to put the electric beaters in his hair. . . he had big bald spots after that. My mom was not happy.
I'm sorry for such a mom moment to happen to you. Her hair is still adorable!
Oh goodness that would scare me! Her hair doesn't look bad at all - I think she is one lucky little lady!!
Post a Comment