Friday, March 6, 2009

Leave it to Caitlyn

Bill & I were wanting to take our girls to do something fun tonight. We decided that an indoor swimming pool is just what we needed! As Caitlyn was resisting her nap this afternoon I tried to use some encouraging words to get her to sleep.
Me: (pleading) "Caitlyn, daddy wants to take us to go swimming tonight. Doesn't that sound fun? You need to go to sleep so you can have fun at the swimming pool."
Caitlyn: (matter of fact) "Daddy has a owie so he can't go swimmin'."

Hmmm, she has a point. Bill still has 6 stitches that can't get wet. Good thing out 2 year old is keeping us on the right path.

4 comments:

Dave and Terry said...

Where would we be without kids to keep us on track?

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

I can imagine her saying that in her cute, clear little voice. She's a funny girl!

Unknown said...

I don't know what is wrong with my brain, but when I read "indoor swimming" I pictured you guys putting a wading pool on your kitchen floor. I thought you guys were crazy...then I realized it was just me :) So sad!

Hannah said...

It's so sad when they start to figure things out. It just causes so much trouble!