Well, tonight it happened. We parted with our 1992 Toyota Camry- it was an "Oldlie but Goodie." I've owned it since 1999- she and I have quite a history together! It was the first car I bought, it got me through 2 years of college, 3 years of teaching school and 2 1/2 years of motherhood. There were 171,000 miles on it and it probably will go that far again, but we weren't willing to put the money into it that it needed to have the AC fixed- yes the AC is broken and we still sold it to someone here in Vegas.
This is how it happened: I posted it on Craigs List at 3:30 this afternoon for $1500. (CarMax said they'd give us $500.) Within about 20 minutes I had 9 emails of interest come to my inbox. The title that caught my eye was "Serious Cash Customer For Your Toyota Camry", luckily it was the first one I received, so I called the guy. We decided that he'd come at 7 p.m. He arrived about 7:30 and after a test drive and some price haggling with Bill, the lucky man was the proud new owner of the Toyota Camry and we are $1200 richer. I signed the title away and we are officially a 1 car family! Not for long, of course! We're in the market for something new, details on that when it happnes. :)
4 comments:
We did the one car thing for almost 2 years...it is not ideal but you do what you gotta do. Good luck finding something as wonderful to replace that car. Good memories! "Em, I've been thinking about your head rests!!"
Ahhh, the camry. I love Julie's comment--"Em, I've been thinking 'bout your headrests." That STILL makes me laugh!! :) I'm sentimental about my vehicles as well. They DO have memories!! Good luck with the car search and oh, CONGRATS on the toilet training. That's a big deal! :)
It's always hard to find a new car that meets up to the memories and goodness of an oldie.
Wow...nice sell. We thought Carmax was a great deal for all the work it needed. GO YOU!!!
Post a Comment